Beetroot- a simple vegetable in your refrigerator that can make you glow from the inside out. This red-pink juicy and nutritious food item has been around for centuries healing numerous skin and health-related benefits. They are also known as Blood-turnips.
You must have heard of the famous Beetroot Khichadi recipe (native to the people of the mountains), Beetroot salads, and curry, but are you fully aware of the miraculous benefits of the topical application of Beetroot? Let us further explore the benefits of incorporating Beetroot into your skincare regime.
Benefits of using Beetroot for Skin:
Beetroot is a rich source of antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, and betalains. These compounds work together and neutralize free radicals. Free radicals cause damage to the skin causing premature ageing and pigmentation.
1. Attacks Dead Cells: Beetroot helps in exfoliating the skin, removing dead skin cells and revealing a brighter, smoother complexion.
2. Cell Regeneration: The natural antioxidants found in beetroot can aid in promoting skin cell regeneration, leading to a healthier and much more youthful appearance.
3. Bye-Bye Darkness: Beetroot contains natural bleaching agents, which can help to reduce the appearance of dark spots and blemishes on the skin.
4. Hydrating Hero: Beetroot is rich in vitamins and minerals, which can help to hydrate the skin and improve its overall texture and tone.
5. Acne Warrior: The antibacterial properties of beetroot can help to fight acne-causing bacteria, reducing the occurrence of breakouts.
6. Boosts Collagen Production: Beetroot is a rich source of vitamin C, which is essential for collagen production. Regular use of beetroot scrub can help to boost collagen production, leading to firmer, more elastic skin.
7. Lightens skin: It has great skin-detoxifying properties that help the skin clear from the inside out. Beetroot helps in lightening and brightening the skin. It has Vitamin C which has proven results to make skin glow.
8. Prevents Ageing: Beetroot has great antioxidant properties which prevents skin ageing- lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin and also protects our skin from free radical damage.
Benefits of using Beetroot for Lips
You might have noticed that a lot of lip care products contain Beetroot. It is because it has numerous benefits to offer.
Natural lip stain: Beetroot can be used to create a natural lip stain that can give the lips a beautiful rosy tint. Simply blend some fresh beetroot with a carrier oil, like coconut or almond oil, and apply the mixture to the lips to give a subtle pop of color.
Exfoliates the lips: Beetroot contains natural acids that can help to exfoliate the lips, removing dead skin cells and leaving them smooth and soft.
Hydrates the lips: Beetroot is rich in vitamins and minerals that can help to hydrate and nourish the lips, leaving them feeling soft and moisturized.
Lightens dark lips: Beetroot contains natural bleaching agents that can help to lighten dark lips and reduce discoloration.
Fights free radicals: The antioxidants found in beetroot can help to fight free radicals that can damage the skin and cause premature aging, helping to keep the lips looking youthful and healthy.
Vitamin C: Both Beetroot and Vitamin C are powerful antioxidants that can help to protect the skin from free radical damage, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and promote collagen production.
Hyaluronic Acid: Beetroot contains natural sugars that can help to hydrate and plump the skin, making it an ideal ingredient to pair with hyaluronic acid, which also helps to retain moisture in the skin.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs): Beetroot is also a natural exfoliator making it an ideal ingredient to pair with AHAs like glycolic acid, lactic acid, or mandelic acid for enhanced exfoliation and skin renewal.
Niacinamide: Beetroot contains niacin, which can help to reduce inflammation and redness in the skin. When paired with niacinamide, a form of vitamin B3, it can help to further reduce inflammation and improve skin texture and tone.
Retinoids: Beetroot comprises vitamin A, which is a precursor to retinoids. When combined with retinoids, beetroot can help to boost the skin's natural renewal process, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improve skin texture and tone.Things to Remember
- Always conduct a patch test before applying any product wholesomely.
Remember to check the ingredients list carefully to prevent any allergies.
- Never scrub harshly if you incorporate beetroot scrub in your skin or lip care regime always ensure to exfoliate mildly.
Go for organic products instead of trying out home remedies for effective and proven results.
- Always consult your dermatologist before you incorporate a new product if you have any medication going on.
Beetroot- an antioxidant-rich vegetable that heals various skin concerns from pigmentation to aging is a super vital ingredient in most skin care essentials these days. Incorporate it into your diet along with your skin care regimen to achieve clear skin from the inside out. Look for products that have a combination of organic and scientifically proven ingredients to provide your skin with just the right amount of love!