The Hydration Hero- Hyaluronic Acid, also known as Hyaluronan, is the most spoken of in the world of actives when speaking of nourishment! This gooey and sticky substance quenches the skin's thirst and is naturally found in the body, especially in the eyes and joints!
It belongs to long chain type molecules known as polymers that are great at latching other molecules together because of spaces in between them which is why it can hold 1000 times its weight in water. It is artificially produced by fermenting bacteria and large-scale extraction of animal skin tissues. So let us comprehend more on how this active help and why it is a popular as well as a necessary ingredient in skin, lip, and medical care products!
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid for Skin:
Not just Dry and Combination, Oily skin needs Hydration too! Oily skin is prone to acne and acne has many causes, for instance, excessively dry skin. When your dead skin cells are too dry, it can affect your hair follicles and can cause your sebaceous glands to gear up and increase sebum production. Excess sebum production leads to acne.
Dehydration can also accelerate wrinkles both above and beneath your skin. Moisture lack also slows down cell regeneration.
Environmental Aggressors and Free radicals can devoid your skin of nourishment too.
Even if you have oily skin, you need moisturization to keep it healthy, or else your skin will be devoid of healthy nourishment- Oil is essential for your skin's upkeep, just not the excess oil.
Here are the benefits of using Hyaluronic acid as a serum, or infused in cream for your skin:
1. Healthy Skin Barrier
It strengthens the skin barrier by boosting hydration and promotes healthy skin rejuvenation by making the skin moisturized from within.
2. Reduces Wrinkles
When your skin barrier is protected and your skin is well nourished, it will age slowly in comparison to when it's dehydrated and Flaky.
3. Hydrates and Nourishes Skin
It is an effective moisturizer because it can hold one thousand times its weight in water! It deeply helps the skin in quenching its thirst and gives it a healthy plump upliftment!
4. Stimulates Collagen
It helps in building collagen and Restores Connective Tissues because of its molecular structure and build-up.
5. Rejuvenates Skin cells and Provides a Youthful Complexion
Hyaluronic Acid accelerates the rejuvenation of skin cells and provides a glow on your face and gives a natural plumping effect!
Hyaluronic Acid for Lips:
1. Plumps Lips
Hyaluronic Acid is quite common among Lip fillers and injections used for plumping lips. Hyaluronic Acid Lip masks and organic lip care products are also available that cater to lip hydration without taking a huge chunk out of your pockets and work on making lips fuller and plump naturally!
2. Boosts Lip Collagen
Hyaluronic Acid stimulates and boosts lip collagen by hydrating lips and making their barrier strong. This in turn makes Lips juicy and voluminous.
3. Helps in Deep Hydration and Nourishment of Lips
When it comes to our Lips- Hydration is the most crucial aspect because our lips cannot hydrate themselves. They do not contain oil or sweat glands hence you won't find pimples on lip skin too! This is the reason why they do not sweat! It becomes quintessential to provide them with hydration with a lip butter or balm, and ingredients like Wheatgerm oil, Olive Squalane, Hyaluronic Acid, etc!
4. Promotes Healthy Lip Barrier
It strengthens the lip barrier. It does not just lay on top but heals lip roots from within while providing them with sufficient nourishment and moisture.
5. Helps in reducing Lip aging
Reduces the signs of lip aging like lip wrinkles, lip lines, smoke strains, etc by deeply nourishing them from within. Hyaluronic acid is a great ingredient to use to combat lip lines. It results in lines becoming ironed out with an overall enhanced and fluffier appearance.
Layering Hyaluronic Acid :
1. Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C:
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that lightens and illuminates the skin. It is used in various serums, sunscreens, face creams, lip balms, lip butter, etc, as a brightening agent. Although Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid work differently they can be used together in face or lip sunscreen to provide juicy skin and protection while removing pigmentation.
2. Hyaluronic Acid and Niacinamide:
Hyaluronic Acid and Niacinamide are both water-based. They work excellently when combined and boost each other's efficacy. Niacinamide is best for acne-prone and pigmented skin. When used together they both can heal your skin, just be sure if they are concentrated in the right amount. Products that contain both of these ingredients must be backed by a lab test.
3. Hyaluronic Acid and Ferulic Acid:
Ferulic acid acts as a defensive layer and removes skin and lip pigmentation and on the other hand, Hyaluronic acid is the key active if your skin requires hydration! It acts as a humectant. Having opposite roles but can be combined to increase each other's efficacy! You can have a clear and bright complexion combined with juiciness while using these two together!
Things to Remember- Precautions
- Although Over-the-counter hyaluronic acid serums and products applied on your skin or eye care are considered safe yet, you should still consult your doctor about their pros and cons especially if you are applying other products that are active-based.
- Skin and Lip care products that contain the prescribed amount of Hyaluronic acid are safe to use in daily rituals!
- Supplements taken by mouth are also safe but it is mandatory to consult your doctor before ingesting a high-dosage Hyaluronic acid tablet!
- Hyaluronic acid injections or fillers must be given by licensed professionals and dermatologists only.
- When combining two or more active ingredients, be sure of their concentration and whether they are oil-based or water-based to ensure your skin gets the best results!
- Instead of using Hyaluronic Acid fillers and augmentation injections, you can go for organic skin and lip care products that contain this active ingredient. This will not only make your skin fuller or plump but stay for a much longer time when compared to fillers.
Hyaluronic Acid is highly effective in providing a boost of hydration and nourishment to the body. It can be used as a supplement, topical treatment, cream, balm, butter, etc, and complements other actives to amp up their game! Just be sure that the product you are using is genuine and keep the concentration in check to provide your skin with love and light! At last, Eat well and have a stress-free routine to ensure you are hydrating your skin from within too!
Back to Blogs